For the girl who always wants to get dressed, even when dressing down

THOUGHTS ON HOW TO KEEP IT CASUAL AND CLASSIC




Monday, August 30, 2010

Ashley vs. Ashley

I am the Queen of NEVER FINISHING ANYTHING.  I have been constructing clothing since I was about 16 and designing even before that.  I gave up on my dream of becomming a fashion designer mid-college and decided that I just wanted to make money.  Any time you sell out for money, you will always be chasing it and you will never find true happiness.  I know that sounds cheesy and it's a huge cliche, but it really is true.  This blog has taken me back to the creative part of my life and I am ready to pursue being a designer again - even if it's just for me!

A couple months ago my boyfriend and I flopped on our couch and watched the movie Julie and Julia.  The movie wasn't the most amazing thing I ever seen, but it was cute.  The movie is about a girl approaching 30 and still no where near where she wants to be in her life.  Her boyfriend encourages to write a blog about something she's passionate about - cooking.  She finds a world famous cook book by Julia Childs and challenges herself to cook every recipe in the book in 1 year, and then blog about it.

That movie encouraged me.. to make 4 garments, casual in style and current to Fall in 1 month, 1 garment a week for 4 weeks.  The first will be a playful party dress, with the current style of the full, flirty skirt.  Let the challenge begin! Feel free to give your encouragement and input by commenting on the blogsite!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment